Wednesday, March 4, 2009

This Storm...

Many of you have complimented me on my music I have for our blog, thank you for that. I purposely went and rearranged my songs so that the first song would be, 'Praise you in this storm'. Our life has been one big storm since we arrived at Osan. Thank you to all who have been praying for us constantly, we have felt your prayers. It would take a novel to explain what all we've endured, but God has been faithful and we believe he has finally brought some peace in our life. I will give the short version, many of you have already heard it, but I know some have asked, so I will give the modified version. We initially asked to be command sponsored (2 year gig with family), but were turned down. So we decided to come non-sponsored and live off base (not a good choice), but better than being away from each other. We lived at Turimi Lodge for for 10 days, ran out of our time there and were told by SQ. commander that it would be 3-4 months before we could get sponsored. My friend Cammy hooked us up with a landlord and we quickly accepted an apartment off base (thanks Cammy). We quickly set up shop and tried to make it a home, lived there 7 days and had not signed a lease. The day we went to go sign the lease, SQ. commander calls and says they have a CSP billet for us if we want it. So, after hours of discussing if we wanted to live on the ROK for 2 years versus one, we accept. (One year would be plenty for me over here!!) We then have to let the landlord know we are moving on base, get out of the lease, pay a ton of money, and then happily move on base to "Little America". So, we again grab our stuff and go set up shop on base. So, in the last 2 months we have set up shop in 5 different locations! UGH! Makes me tired reliving it again!! The pictures of the kids are at Turimi hanging out in our tiny hotel room (trying not to kill each other, and me not killing them!)
The picture of Luke in the suitcase, priceless! I want to go home too buddy! All this to say, we are finally settled in our 5th place, Hallasan Towers 10th floor. We're living in the penthouse!! More pictures to come....










No comments: